Registration details are found here! Come join our virtual booth & say hi!
Just in time for your Christmas projects! See the whole collection here.
A perfect blend of greens and blues with pops of red. We love the floral and tiny basic prints.
And new patterns too!
Pre-orders are available now, for delivery 4/1/21.
You’ll love making this easy pincushion!
- 1 Fat Quarter (or two 7″ x 10″ pieces)
- Scraps of Wool Felt or Contrasting Fabric for Appliqué
- Black Embroidery Floss
- Soft-Fuse or other Fusible-Web
- Cut 1 block 5.5″ x 8.5″ to use for the back of the pincushion. We recommend using a slightly larger piece of fabric while appliquéing and embroidering, to allow for fraying and distortions. Trim to the finished size (5.5″ x 8.5″) after the appliquéing and embroidering is complete.
- Start by appliquéing the goose. You may applique in your favorite method, we’ve used fusible-web method (directions to follow). The “applique pieces” on the top of the template page are reversed images, for easy application. You may consider tracing the image (from the completed image near the bottom) on to the fabric for easier placement.
- Position the fusible-web over the picture and trace each shape. Keep the paper side up and the glue side down.
- Cut fusible-web loosely around each shape.
- Position the fusible-web design on the BACK of the fabric you’ve chosen for applique. Keep the paper side up, and the glue side down. Using a hot iron, fuse the cloth to the fusible-web.
- Use sharp scissors to cut out the design.
- Remove the paper backing from all pieces, leaving the webbed glue on the fabric.
- Position pieces, layering as needed, and use a hot iron to fuse all pieces to the background fabric.
- Finish edges using a button hold stitch, either by machine, or hand, in a matching thread.
- Using a back stitch, stitch the eye and leg details.
- Trim block to 5.5″ x 8.5″.
- Sew both the back and front together by placing both 5.5″ x 8.5″ pieces right sides together, and stitching 1/4″ around all sides, leaving about 1″ section unstitched for turning/stuffing.
- Turn pincushion right sides out. Fill with rice or ground walnut shells. Carefully stitch opening shut with a whip stitch.
- Finished size is approximately 5″ x 8″
Download the templates here:
Show us your pincushion by tagging us @meagsandme or using the hashtag #meagsandme on instagram! We love to see what you create!
First things first- You can find our brand new patterns for the collection Blue Goose (for Clothworks!) by clicking here. (They’re the first carousel/slideshow!)
**Pincushions sent with orders over $125 only while supplies last**
We are offering 10% all wholesale pattern orders this week- that includes ALL patterns- new and old included!
Our virtual quilt market schoolhouse on embroidery is LIVE Wednesday, June 3 at 10am CT.
You can find more information about our fabric collection Blue Goose by meags & me for Clothworks by clicking here.
Please contact email@example.com for ordering information or if you have any questions!
We are super excited to announce our new block of the month! Duck Duck Goose!
This is a 6-month project and can be created with one Blue Goose fat quarter bundle (plus white solid & borders!)
Lots of pinwheels and appliqué!
We’ve tried to make this program as simple as possible for our shop owner friends, and accommodate all the various ways a block of the month can be set up- so you can easily do what works best for your store.
This pattern is sold wholesale exclusively by us as a set- with the full 6 months. The patterns will come bundled as one- so you can choose to sell it all together as one pattern, or open the bag, and sell each block individually.
We know not everyone loves block of the month patterns, so we’ve designed Duck Duck Goose- Mini. It’s 40″ x 45″ – a great wallhanging or baby blanket size. We’ve taken our favorite blocks from the BOM, and designed them in a similar, but simplified setting. This is just one pattern, but has the same feel as our block of the month.
Fun fact! 10 years ago, we designed a Duck Duck Goose pattern, and have always loved it, but felt it needed an upgrade (truthfully we were dying to remake it with this collection)- but we’ve kept the goose! A little fun throwback!
See our new patterns here!
We love this quilt!
This is a big 65″ x 65″ quilt that is made up of repeating applique shapes.
We know quilts like this can be hard to “eye” and appliquéing on a large piece of fabric is not easy- so this quilt, we’ve designed in large blocks, that are then pieced together, the last few appliqué pieces are appliquéd over the seams, so the finished quilt will appear as one large piece of fabric. We love doing large appliqué quilts like this!
We’ve created a rotating template, you’ll place your template down on a light box or table, and trace/applqiue one section/template at a time. There are pieces that will act as an “anchor”- line up your anchor points and trace/applique- then repeat!
Here’s a quick video showing you this technique:
See all of our new patterns here.
We are SO sad to not be able to show our new fabric & patterns this spring at quilt market, but we have loved seeing all the unique and creative ways people have come together to hold and celebrate special events.
We’ll be at schoolhouse too! We’ll be talking about how you can enhance your quilts with embroidery, hosting a little giveaway, talking about our new fabric line, and we’ll open it up for a short Q&A- so catch us live!
For our quilt shops- we are offering the same quilt market discount we do every year. 10% ALL wholesale orders, new patterns & old, plus orders over $125 will receive a super cute pincushion+ 3 pincushion patterns for your shop. This discount will run June 1-8 and pincushions will be automatically sent with your order but only while supplies last.
You can email us your wholesale order at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you haven’t ordered from us before, contact us for wholesale minimums & pricing.
Hope to “see” you there!
We are so excited about this new collection! Find it here! Blue Goose by meags & me for Clothworks.
Filled with your favorites- small basic prints & florals + the geese cannot get any cuter!
A nice mix of blues and just enough mint green makes this a very versatile collection!
We’ve designed EIGHT new patterns to accompany this line- we can’t wait to show you!
Here is a closeup of one of our favorite prints:
The little beetle bug!
No overpowering orange- just enough to add a little pop of color.
In the CDC’s latest recommendation for preventing the spread of Covid-19, they have suggested everyone wear a cloth face cover when they have to go out in public.
There are a lot of tutorials out there for this! We’ve complied a list here so you can easily find the best way to make face masks for you and your family.
Ifyou’d like to donate, here is a list of organizations in need of sewn masks.
Stay safe everyone!
With a T-Shirt & Hair Ties (No Sew)
With the quarantine situation from Covid-19, we’re cooped up at home too.
For the next two weeks, you can download our Chirp pattern FOR FREE here (CLOSED)
It’s an easy appliqué, hand-embroidery quilt that can easily be made with scraps. Better too, it’s a great spring/summer quilt that will be sure to cheer you up for the next little while.
We loved working on this one & know you will too! Use #meagsandme on instagram to share your progress pics!
Most importantly- stay safe everyone!